
Description [EN]
The Nietzsche Archive was founded in early 1894 by Elisabeth Förster-Nietzsche, the sister of the philosopher, in Naumburg and was relocated to Weimar in September 1896. In May 1897, she moved into the Villa "Silberblick" on today´s Humboldtstraße 36 to take in and care for her sick brother. Friedrich Nietzsche died in this house on August 25, 1900. At the suggestion of Harry Graf Kessler, after acquiring the house in April 1902, Elisabeth Förster-Nietzsche commissioned the Belgian architect and designer Henry van de Velde with the renovation and redecoration of the ground floor rooms. These were ceremoniously opened on October 15, 1903.
Services
WiFi
vor Ort
Audioguides
kostenlos ausleihbar weiterführende Inhalte über die App Weimar+: https://www.klassik-stiftung.de/app
Museumsshop
https://www.museumshop-weimar.de/
Notes on using your smartphone or cameras
Fotografieren während der Öffnungszeiten und zu privaten Zwecken ist in den frei zugänglichen Bereichen problemlos und ohne Entrichtung einer Gebühr möglich. In Sonderausstellungen ist das Fotografieren nicht möglich. Die Verwendung von Blitz, Zusatzlicht und Stativ ist untersagt. Beim Fotografieren ist auf die Exponate und andere Besucher Rücksicht zu nehmen. Die Persönlichkeitsrechte anderer Personen und des Aufsichtspersonals sind zu beachten.
Guided tours and group offers
Geführte Tour durch das Nietzsche-Archiv | Do 15 Uhr: https://www.klassik-stiftung.de/ihr-besuch/veranstaltung/fuehrung-durch-das-nietzsche-archiv/
Accessibility
Access with ramp
No
Guidance system for visually impaired people, Tactile / acoustic map
No
Access stairless
No
Access with ramp
No
Disabled toilet
No
Labeling in pictograms
No
Acoustically accessible exhibition objects
No
Tactile accessible exhibition objects
No
Tactile flooring system
No
Barrier-free Audioguides
No